- Babel: Compiling the ES6 syntax to a readable format for the browser
- Browser-sync: Used for live reloading
- Express: Used for routing, fetching from the API and managing the component library
- Gulp: Used as our task manager to copy assets (audio, video, fonts, images), compiling SCSS and ES6, watching the files for changes, starting up the browsersync, creating the build folder
- nodemon: watch for code changes and restart browser automagically
- Stylelint: linting the SCSS files
The server is ran by Express, which is a framework build upon Node. This handles the routing, manages the data from the API linked in the config and builds up the component library based on the folder structure that contains the Nunjucks files.
For CSS we make use of the Gulp task manager to compile it through SASS and lint it eventually with Stylelint.